Australia’s Container Deposit Scheme
NSW and Victoria’s recently introduced Container Deposit Scheme (CDS) now allows people to deposit eligible containers (drink bottles/cans) at authorised Refund Centres for a 10c/container refund.
If using the CDS App to receive your refund in NSW, VIC, SA, QLD, WA or NT, please consider making a donation to help fund our much needed cultural & ecological education programs by selecting ‘set as payout’ for Indigenous Education Foundation under the App’s ‘Charities/Causes’ and/or ‘Donations’ button, or at the deposit centre.
Step by step:
1. Download the CDS app relevant to your area and/or zone.
2. Go to the charities, causes or donations section and search for ‘Indigenous Education Foundation’.
3. Set IEF as your preferred payout.
4. Then, at your local refund station, open your CDS app and hold your barcode up to the station’s scanner.
5. Simply deposit your containers and 100% of all donations will be used to support Indigenous-led cultural and ecological education via IEF.
If you are in or near the CBD, collecting containers and wish to donate to IEF but unable to visit a deposit centre, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will collect them next time our volunteers are in your area.
Your unwanted containers can make an enormous difference to the children participating in our cultural & ecological education programs.